Home » Privacy and Site Security Policies
Privacy and Site Security Policies
LAST UPDATE: October 1, 2019
This Policy describes the types of personal information we collect through the Site and how that personal information may be used and/or with whom it may be shared. This Policy also describes how you can reach us to update your personal information, access and control the use of the personal information, or get answers to questions you may have about our privacy practices at this Site. Please read this Policy carefully, because by accessing and using this Site you are acknowledging that you understand and agree to the terms of this Policy.
1. COLLECTION AND USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
As you interact with TAP, there may be opportunities for you to provide us with your information. Additionally, we may collect certain information about you or the products you purchase as further described below.
You may provide us with information about you or the products you purchase through a number of sources: TAP websites, stores, applications, product, and related events, surveys, social media platforms, sweepstakes entries. We also receive information about you through TAP product sales records.
The types of information that TAP collects about you may include, but are not limited to:
- Contact information (such as name, address, city, state and ZIP code, age or date of birth, occupation, social security number, email address and telephone number)
- Payment information (such as your bank account information, credit card number, debit card number, bank or investor account, CVV code, expiration date, and payment history)
- Information related to your creditworthiness, assets, income, or liabilities
- Information about products you purchase from TAP Information about your connected devices (such as mobile phone, computer, or tablet) and how you interact with our products, services, apps, and websites (such as IP address, browser type, unique device identifier, cookie data, and associated identifying and usage information)
- Demographic information (such as gender, date of birth, marital status, and household composition)
- Marketing profile information
- Photographs and videos such as those that you may submit for contests, sweepstakes, and social sharing
- Relationships you have with TAP (such as through a rewards card, etc.)
- Social Security Number (in limited circumstances TAP may collect SSN, for example, if you win a sweepstakes or receive compensation that must be reported for government tax purposes)
- The kinds of products you purchased
- The kind of services provided to you
The information TAP collects about you and your TAP products may be used:
- To provide products and services and maintain customer relationships
- To evaluate and improve the quality, performance, safety, and security of our products and services
- To administer your account(s) and process your payments for products and services
- To operate our websites and applications, including online registration processes
- To autofill data fields on our websites to improve your online experience
- To develop new products and services
- To provide customer and TAP product support and service (such as recall information)
- For warranty administration and validation
- To provide information and product updates
- For research, evaluation of use, and troubleshooting purposes, including customer satisfaction and market research surveys
- For marketing and analytics purposes
- To customize and improve communication content
- To comply with legal, regulator, or contractual requirements
Communications with you in connection with these uses may be via mail, telephone, e-mail, text message, social media, or other electronic messages, or via our websites and applications.
Personal Information You Provide
The privacy and security of the personal information that TAP collects from you is a priority for TAP. When you visit this Site you may be asked or choose to provide personal information that could reasonably be used to contact you or to identify you personally including, but not limited to: your name, address, telephone number, birth date, and email address. If you choose to purchase any products or use services offered on the Site, TAP may ask you to provide your name, mailing address, telephone number and email address, as well as certain financial information (e.g., credit card number) for the purposes of credit checks, payment, and processing of any order.
- If you purchase products from the Site, we request that you provide your name, email address, billing and shipping address, credit card information, and any other information necessary to complete the transaction. TAP may also request that you provide identification when picking up product purchases in our stores.
- You may choose to receive certain communications from TAP via your email address upon interaction with the Site. From time to time TAP may include surveys, information requests, or other features on the Site which ask you to provide personal information such as your name, telephone number, email address or mailing address. From time to time, TAP may offer sweepstakes, games, and other contests on the Site either by itself or in conjunction with a third-party partner. You may be asked to provide your name, mailing address and/or email address and date of birth, as well as certain other information in order to participate in such sweepstakes or contest.
You will be informed what personal information is required and what information is optional when asked to submit personal information to us. By submitting personal information to TAP at this Site, you hereby consent to TAP's collection, use, and disclosure of such personal information.
We may combine the personal information you submit directly through this Site with other personal information we have collected from you, whether on- or offline. We may also combine it with information we receive about you from other sources, such as other companies, publicly available information sources (including information from your publicly available social media profiles), and other third parties.
Passive Information Collection and Use
As you navigate around this Site, certain information can be passively collected (that is, gathered without you actively providing the information), using various technologies. We passively collect and use information in a variety of ways, including:
- Through your browser: Certain information is collected by most browsers, such as your Media Access Control (MAC) address, computer type (Windows or Macintosh), screen resolution, operating system version, and Internet browser type and version. We may collect similar information, such as your device type and identifier if you access this Site through a mobile device.
- You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser settings to decline cookies if you prefer. If you would prefer not to accept cookies, most browsers will allow you to: (i) change your browser settings to notify you when you receive a cookie, which lets you choose whether or not to accept it; (ii) to disable existing cookies; or (iii) to set your browser to automatically reject any cookies. If you set your browser to reject cookies, part of the Site may not work for you.
- Pixel tags, web beacons, clear GIFs, or other similar technologies: These may be used in connection with some Site pages to, among other things, track the actions of Site users and compile statistics about Site usage and response rates.
- IP Address: Your IP Address is a number that is automatically assigned to the computer that you are using by your Internet Service Provider. An IP Address is identified and logged automatically in our server log files whenever a user visits this Site, along with the time of the visit and the page(s) that were visited. Collecting IP Addresses is standard practice on the Internet and is done automatically by many websites. We use IP Addresses for purposes such as calculating Site usage levels, helping diagnose server problems, and administering this Site.
- Device Information: We may collect information about your Device, such as a unique device identifier.
- Do Not Track Requests: Your selection of the "Do Not Track" option provided by your browser may not have any effect on our collection of cookie information for analytics and internal purposes. The only way to completely opt out of the collection of any information through cookies or other tracking technology is to actively manage the settings on your browser or Device to delete and disable cookies and other tracking/recording tools. Please note, depending on your type of Device or browser, it may not be possible to delete or disable all tracking mechanisms on your Device.
We permit third-party advertising partners to use the foregoing tracking technologies to collect information about your browsing activities over time and across different websites when you use the Site. For example, we use advertising services provided by third-party ad partners, such as Google, to market our service to you on other websites and online services. Through a process called "retargeting," each service places a cookie on your browser when you visit the Site so that they can identify you and serve you ads on other sites around the web based on your browsing activity. To avoid use of this information for advertising by these third-party ad partners, you can change your browser settings to reject cookies or to notify you when cookies are set and you could select the Do Not Track option on your browser, though we have no control over and cannot confirm whether these third-party ad partners honor the Do Not Track browser signal.
Additionally, many advertising companies are members of the NAI or DAA and/or provide opt outs on those industry pages at http://optout.networkadvertising.org or optout.aboutads.info.
TAP uses third-party analytics services to better understand how users engage with the Site, including Google Analytics and Adobe Analytics. Google Analytics is a website analysis service provided by Google, Inc. ("Google"). Google utilizes the data collected to track and examine the use of this Site, to prepare reports on its activities and share them with other Google services. Google may use the data collected to contextualize and personalize the ads of its own advertising network. For more information on how Google's uses information from sites or apps that use Google services, please visit https://policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites. Users can opt out of Google Analytics tracking at https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout/.
Some additional Google Analytics features that TAP uses are:
- Google Display Network Impression Reporting - for banner ads.
- Remarketing through Google Analytics for Display Advertising - allows personalization of ads on our ad networks.
For more information on how Adobe uses information from sites or apps that use Adobe Analytics services, please visit http://www.adobe.com/privacy/marketing-cloud.html. We, along with third-party vendors such as Google use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookies) and third-party cookies (such as the DoubleClick cookie) or other third-party identifiers together to compile data regarding user interactions with ad impressions and other ad service functions as they relate to our website. Users can set preferences for how Google advertises to you using the Google Ad Settings page. Alternatively, you can opt out by visiting the Network Advertising Initiative Opt-Out page or by using the Google Analytics Opt-Out Browser add on.
Integrated Accounts and Social Media Information
We may implement applications or "widgets" from third-party providers (e.g., Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, etc.) that allow interaction, integration or content sharing with third-party services. These widgets or applications may be visible on a page you visit on our Site or may require log-in through the third-party provider's service. The third party providing the widget or integration may offer controls for you to manage your interactions. Any interaction with a third-party widget or application typically allows the third party to collect some information about you (whether through cookies, registration information or otherwise). These third parties may even track you when you do not interact with the widget. If you have engaged any of these third-party service providers, their respective privacy policies will govern their tracking and collection of information. You should review these third-party policies to understand these practices.
How We Use and Disclose Information
We use and disclose personal information you provide to us as described to you at the point of collection, such as when you (1) register for a user account, (2) submit payment or credit card information, (3) submit your name and e-mail address to receive product updates and marketing information, and (4) send e-mail messages or feedback, or transmit other information by e-mail. When you elect to engage in such activities, we may ask that you provide us personal information, such as your first and last name, mailing address (including zip code), e-mail address, mobile telephone numbers, and payment information.
We also use and transfer personal information from or about you:
- to respond to your inquiries and fulfill your requests, such as to send you documents you request or e-mail;
- to send you information regarding our relationship with you or regarding this Site, changes to our terms, conditions, and policies and/or other administrative information; and
- for our business purposes, such as marketing new products and services, data analysis, audits, developing new products or services, enhancing our Site, improving our products and services, identifying Site usage trends, and determining the effectiveness of our Site.
- to our third-party service providers who provide services such as website hosting and moderating, mobile application hosting, data analysis, infrastructure provision, credit card processing, IT services, e-mail services, marketing services, auditing services, shipping services, and other services, in order to enable them to provide services;
- to verify your information, approve your registration as a user of the Site, authenticate payments and process orders, TAP may disclose certain financial and other information you provide to TAP to third parties offering products and services for sale on the Site, as well as to third parties that provide credit reporting, payment or order fulfillment services;
- You may submit information about new clubs related to TAP products or stories and photographs for inclusion on the Site. Any information you submit to TAP for posting on the Site may be available to the public and may be collected and used by persons other than TAP. You should not submit to TAP any information that you do not want others to know. TAP does not routinely monitor these areas of the Site, and you submit such information to TAP for posting only at your own risk.
- to a third party in the event of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer, or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets, or stock (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings); and
- when we otherwise have your consent. For example, if you sign up for programs offered by our partners, we may share certain information with the partner.
We also use and disclose information we collect passively as described above, under "Passive Information Collection and Use," and for any other purpose, except where we are required to do otherwise under applicable law (for example, if we are required to treat such information as personal information). In addition, we may use and disclose information that is not in personally identifiable form (such as anonymized, masked or de-identified information) for any purpose. If we combine information that is not in personally identifiable form with information that is (such as combining your name with your geographical location), we will treat the combined information as personal information as long as it is combined.
Use of Information for Marketing Purposes
TAP may send you promotional communications about our products, services, events, and promotions. Such promotional materials may use the "TAP" brand and may be sent to you via different channels, such as email, phone, SMS text messages, postal mailings, and third-party social networks.
In order to provide you with the best-personalized experience, sometimes these communications may be tailored to your preferences (for example, as you indicate these to us, as we may have inferred from your Site visits, or based on the links you click in our emails). When required by applicable law, we will obtain your consent before starting these activities.
2. GENERAL PRINCIPLES FOR THE PROCESSING OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Personal information will be collected, stored, processed and transmitted in accordance with TAP's established policies and applicable federal, state, local and foreign laws, rules and regulations.
The principles of TAP with respect to the processing of personal information are as follows: (1) personal information will be processed fairly and lawfully, (2) personal information will be collected for specified, explicit, and legitimate purposes and not further processed for incompatible purposes, (3) personal information collected by TAP will be adequate, relevant, and limited to what is necessary in relation to the purposes for which they are collected and processed, (4) personal information collected by TAP will be accurate and, where necessary, kept up to date to the best of our ability, (5) personal information collected by TAP will be retained as identifiable data for no longer than necessary to serve the purposes for which the personal information was collected, and (6) personal data will be processed in a manner that ensures appropriate security of the personal data, including protection against unauthorized or unlawful processing and against accidental loss, destruction or damage, using appropriate technical or organizational measures.
If TAP engages in the processing of personal information for purposes other than those specified in this Policy, TAP will provide notice of these changes, the purposes for which the personal information will be used, and the recipients of personal information.
3. THIRD-PARTY SITES AND SERVICES
This Policy does not address, and we are not responsible for, the privacy, information, or other practices of any third parties, including any third party operating any site or web property (including, without limitation, any application) that is available through this Site or to which this Site contains a link. The availability of, or inclusion of a link to, any such site or property on this Site does not imply endorsement of it by us or by our affiliates.
Third parties may offer products and services on the Site and collect information about you by requesting certain information necessary to provide a particular product or service (including, for example, insurance coverage for your TAP products or reports of insurance claims). TAP may also obtain certain information about its users from third-party customer research groups (e.g., demographic information) which TAP uses to learn more about its customers. TAP does not control the policies and practices of third parties in relation to the use and disclosure of any information about users collected by third parties on the Site or in market research programs conducted by such third parties and any use or disclosure of such information by third parties is not governed by this Policy.
4. CHOICES AND ACCESS
You have choices about the personal information you provide TAP. You may choose not to provide information that we request, but if you do so, we may not be able to provide you a relevant service or a particular feature for the Site. You may also opt out of receiving TAP promotional emails by using the unsubscribe instructions provided in those emails.
Please note that even if you opt out from receiving marketing communications, you may still receive administrative communications from us, such as technical updates of our products, order confirmations, notifications about your account activities, and other important notices
If applicable, and you would like to review, correct, update, or delete the personal information that you have provided via the Site, please contact us. We will try to comply with your request as soon as reasonably practicable.
It is your responsibility to provide TAP with accurate personal information. Except as otherwise set forth in this Policy, TAP shall only use personal information in ways that are compatible with the purposes for which it was collected or subsequently authorized by you. To the extent necessary for these purposes, TAP shall take reasonable steps to ensure that personal information is accurate, complete, current and relevant to its intended use.
6. YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
Under California's "Shine the Light Law," California residents who provide personal information in obtaining products or services for personal, family, or household use are entitled to request and obtain from us once a calendar year information about the customer information we shared, if any, with other businesses for their own direct marketing uses. If applicable, this information would include the categories of customer information and the names and addresses of those businesses with which we shared customer information for the immediately prior calendar year.
7. NEVADA PRIVACY RIGHTS
Under Nevada law, certain Nevada consumers may opt out of certain sales of personally identifiable information. If you are a Nevada consumer and would like to submit a request to opt out of any such sales that we may conduct now or in the future, please send an email message to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Nevada Privacy Rights - TAP” in the subject line and body of your message. Please note that we may ask for additional information to verify your request before responding to it.
8. RETENTION PERIOD
e retain your personal information for the period necessary to fulfill the purposes outlined in this Policy unless a longer retention period is required or allowed by law or to otherwise fulfill a legal obligation.
TAP has implemented security measures designed to protect personal information provided by you against unauthorized access and use. TAP also uses commercially reasonable efforts to establish secure connections with your web browser for any transactions conducted online using a credit card or other financial information you may provide to TAP. Please be aware, however, that no-data transmission over the Internet is 100% secure and any information disclosed online can potentially be collected and used by parties other than the intended recipient. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure, please immediately notify us of the problem by contacting us in accordance with the CONTACTING US section below.
10. USE OF SITE BY MINORS
We do not intentionally collect information from individuals under the age of 16. The Site is not directed to individuals under the age of 16, and we request that these individuals not provide personal information through this Site.
11. COMPLIANCE WITH LOCAL LAWS
We may change this Policy. Please review the LAST UPDATE legend at the top of this page to see when this Policy was last revised. Any changes to this Policy will become effective when we post the revised Policy on this Site. Your use of this Site following these changes means that you accept the revised Policy.
13. CONTACTING US
If you have any questions about this Policy, please contact us using the contact information below.
By mail: TAP Worldwide, LLC
400 West Artesia Boulevard
Compton, California 90220 USA
Attention: Legal Department
By email: email@example.com
By phone: 310-900-5500